December Currently

Can you believe that it is the last month of 2013?  Where has time gone?  This year has just flown by faster than any other…at least to me it has!

I am linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for the December Currently linky.  It is one of my favorite linky parties.  :)


Listening - It is silent in my house because hubby has already left for work and the kids are still asleep.  It is my favorite time of day!

Loving - All our family Christmas get togethers will be starting so I will be seeing my family a whole lot more.  I live about an hour and a half away from my family so it is always exciting when I get to see them!

Thinking - I was just looking at my planner and this month is so busy at school.  I use light blue ink for my school things in my planner and this month is full of light blue.  Lots of meetings, assemblies, and special activities.

Wanting - My first grad class is almost over.  I just have to take my last quiz on Monday.  I am very proud of finishing this class.  It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting.  :)  Next semester though, I am taking two classes.  Please say a little prayer that I get it in one piece!

Needing - I need to get started on some holiday shopping.  I don't want to be running around at the last minute to get the rest of my gifts.

Favorite Tradition - My favorite holiday tradition is that every year my mom's family has a cookie decorating party/contest.  We have some great categories like most original, prettiest, and ugliest.  It is always so much fun.  It used to be a small gathering at my grandma's house, but now it is about 30-40 people all gathered around my mom's house.  We have a lot of laughs and a lot of fun!  Here are a couple pictures from last year's party.


The Before Picture

One of the After Pictures

Lots of family fun!



The Whole Gang!

I am excited to go through all the other blogs that linked up to hear about your favorite traditions.  I love  all of our traditions, but this is definitely my favorite.

5 comments

  1. Your cookies look so good!! Such a fun tradition!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - I love that you guys have a cookie decorating contest...so fun and what a cute idea!
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family tradition! That is a fabulous idea! I may have to make that a new family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing up this semester! I know it's a relief. Love the cookie decorating. How fun!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fun idea with the cookie decorating!!! Love it! :)

    ✿ Regina
    Keepin It Krazy

    ReplyDelete