Christmas Questionnaire

I am linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for a little Christmas Questionnaire.  I have loved reading everyone's posts that I thought I should link up too!


Hot chocolate or Egg nog?  Hot chocolate all the way!  I LOVE hot chocolate especially with some marshmallows and whipped cream on top.  :)

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?  Santa has wrapped my presents so he has also always wrapped my children's presents.  They love tearing open that wrapping paper to see what is inside.  So much fun!

Colored lights or white?  I have always loved white lights, but the hubby loves colored blinking lights.  We compromise and have both colored and white on the tree, but no blinking.

When do you decorate?  We decorate whenever we get our tree.  We get our tree whenever it fits in with the hubby's schedule.  This year his days off are Thursdays and Fridays so we went the day after Thanksgiving to get the tree and decorate because it was the only day off between Thanksgiving and Christmas that we all had off together.

Real or Fake Tree?  Both!  We have a real tree upstairs and a fake one downstairs.  My children each have their own small fake tree in their rooms.  Santa always leaves them one small gift under their individual trees too.

What tops your tree?  A star.  Growing up we always had an angel, but when I married the hubs we decided to go with a star.

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?  On my December currently post, I told you about my family's annual Christmas cookie decorating party.  You can read about it here.  It is a lot of fun.  Another fun thing we do is have an annual Christmas party with my mom's side of the family.  Here are some highlights:

There is a "precious family heirloom" that gets passed on to a new family each year.  It is a really ugly and huge pitcher and bowl.  It is a big family joke.  I, luckily, have not had the honor to house the heirloom in my house for a year yet.  This year my mom was the lucky recipient.


This year we had a piñata at the party for the kids.  It was so much fun to watch them try to bust it open.  Here is my niece and kiddos trying to break it open.


At the end of the party, Santa always makes a visit and gives each child a small gift.

This was the best picture I could get of the two of them!

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?  I honestly don't, but when I was a teenager my mom got me a snowboard.  I think that was my favorite Christmas gift ever until this year………this year the hubby splurged on me and I got this.

(He couldn't wait to give it to me because he was stressed I wouldn't like it.  He's right I don't like it…..I love it!)

Do you prefer giving or receiving?  I totally prefer giving.  I love watching others open the gifts that I so carefully picked out for them.  It is the best!

What is your favorite Christmas song?  Santa Claus is Comin' to Town by Bruce Springsteen.  

Candy Canes.  Yuck or Yum?  If you mean the candy cane hershey kisses, then yum!  Otherwise yuck.  I don't like to be sticky and I always feel sticky if I eat a candy cane.  (I realize that may sound totally weird, but that is totally me….ha!)

Favorite Christmas Movie?  Santa Claus the Movie.  It is from the 80's and I don't know why, but I love it!


Do you shop online or in stores?  This year we did a lot of online shopping and I really enjoyed not having to deal with the busy stores.  It was so much fun coming home each day to packages on the step as well.  We did buy some things in the stores though too.

Photo Cards, Letter, or Store Bought Card?  We usually do photo cards.  I love getting them too.  Although, we haven't even ordered ours yet so I doubt at this point they will get out in time for Christmas.  Maybe we will do a New Year's card????  Not sure.

Now it's your turn to link up.  I love hearing all about your Christmas fun!

2 comments

  1. I love that your kids have little trees in their rooms & Santa leaves them a little present there too. What happens when you have to house the ugly pitcher & bowl for a year? Do you have to bring it back filled? Loved reading about your Christmas traditions.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the linky party! I just got linked up today. I have lots of trees too. My kids had small ones in their rooms growing up. Now, our grandgirl has a pink one here for when she comes for Christmas. So special! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Come by my blog for the party when you get a chance!
    Many Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete