Here are five things from my week:
1. Ok, I did lie a little bit. I did get some time to play outside with the kids when I came from work yesterday so it wasn't quite straight to working on house stuff. Here are a couple pics I snapped. My daughter is "trying" to roller skate and my son is playing on his scooter.
2. In my classroom, we made "April Showers" yesterday and when we come back from spring break will make "May Flowers" to go with this. :) I let my students make the rain with oil pastels and they loved it. Isn't it funny how excited they are to use anything but a crayon!
3. I was walking through the grocery store and I saw this out of the corner of my eye. I of course had to snap a picture. My uncle has been involved in plays and musicals since he was young and our family has always had a love for the arts. When I was young, I would listen to the soundtrack of "Big River" over and over and over again. There is a song on there titled "The Royal Nonesuch". As soon as I saw this in the grocery that song was in my head and it hasn't left yet! I totally blame my uncle and my grandma for exposing me to this fabulous musical. If you have never heard of it, it is about the adventures of Huck Finn.
4. Speaking of home improvement projects, it only seems like it has taken about a million years for my hubby to finally put up our closet doors. (We basically turned two bedrooms into one awhile ago and we haven't had closet doors since that remodel.) He still needs to put up the trim around them, but at least I have closet doors! Whoo Hoooo!
5. Lastly, the kiddos and I had a mid-week dance party. We just turned on music and danced for a good 45 minutes. It was a great workout as well as some fun quality time with my kiddos. I tried to snap a couple pics but they were blurry so I am choosing not to hurt your eyes by posting them. :)
Well it is off to start working on the house again. On today's agenda is some mudding, sanding, and painting......doesn't that sound like fun?? Oh well. Tomorrow we have an absolute amazing photographer coming to do a "lifestyle" session with us. I am super excited!!
Also, I have a lot of friends who are having some amazing giveaways right now. Click on the images to head straight to the giveaway. My fabulous friend Brittany just announced she is planning her awesome 200 follower giveaway so head on over to Lovely, Literacy and More and follow her so you will know about the giveaway once she posts it. Also, I will be having a giveaway myself early next week so come back and check it out! :)
Have a great weekend!!!