Bouncy Bands

Do you have students who have trouble keeping still?  I have two in my classroom.  Bless their hearts.  They try to focus on what we are doing, but they just can't.  Their hands and feet need to be busy all the time.

I was looking for ways to help my students with this and came across Bouncy Bands.



Bouncy Bands can be used on either desks or chairs.  Since my students sit at tables, I put the bouncy bands on their chairs.  (NOTE:  I mainly used the bands with two students who have trouble sitting still.  Other students used the bands on rare occasions)


My students were able to bounce their feet while they were sitting at their chair.  I noticed a few things while trying out the bands with my students:

1.  One particular student didn't bounce his feet too much on it, but instead slid the band up and down.  Even though he wasn't using it for it's intended use it was still helping his feet keep busy and his mind stay focused.

2.  Both students who used the bands were able to focus more on their work and were not as distracting to the rest of the class while using the bands.

3.  When my students happened to use the chairs with the bands during center time, at first the other students were amazed by how bouncy the bands were.  But then, they quickly would start bouncing and get to work.  I never had a problem with that student focusing on their center work.



The Bouncy Bands provide a quiet way for my students to keep their feet busy so they are able to focus on what we are doing.  It is not distracting to the others students either.

The bands worked so well that I let one of my students sit at his chair next to the carpet instead of sitting at our carpet.  I have never seen him as focused as he was when he was using the bands.

When I asked my little friends what they thought about the bands, this is what they replied:
"I like bouncing because I am not bothering my friends"
"Bouncing is fun!"

Are you interested in getting some Bouncy Bands for your students?  Head over to BouncyBands.com and use the code 15OFF for 15% discount on your order.

You can also write a Donor's Choose grant to help get some bands for your students.  For more information on that, click here.

I hope you give them a try.  I am sure you will love them as much as I do!

2 comments

  1. I wrote a donors choose grant! I am having trouble finding people to support my grant though.....Bummer.....Any ideas on how to attract more donors? My students (as I am sure you are aware :) could really benefit from them!).
    http://www.donorschoose.org/project/help-with-the-fidgets-and-the-wiggles/1692022/?rf=link-siteshare-2015-10-account_projects_teacher-teacher_709208&challengeid=20616881
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Sincerely,
    Emily
    scheinbere@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily. Congrats on writing your first DC grant! Email the parents of your students and ask them to share your DC link on their Facebook pages. Include photos from http://BouncyBands.com/DC if you'd like. I know that it is frustrating, but you have raised $174 so far--only $295 to go. :)

    Do you have one Bouncy Band already at your school that your students can try out? Once they love it, it's easier to get their parents on board. Feel free to add a link to this video on your FB page too if you'd like: https://youtu.be/6fA3uJQLfmk

    Thanks again for all that you do every day for your students! You are making a huge difference in their lives. :)

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete