Bright Idea for Anchor Charts

Are you loving this fabulous blog hop?  I know I am!  There are so many great ideas I want to try out.


I have always read about how important it is to have a "special" spot for anchor charts and keep the same type of anchor charts in the same spot in your room.  It helps the brain retrieve information when that information is organized.  For example, always hang the math anchor charts in the same spot.



My classroom has a lot of bulletin boards, but the ones large enough for anchor charts were either already in use for other things or not easily seen from everywhere in the classroom.  What was I to do?  I don't like my room to be too "busy" either.

This is what I came up with:



I hang my anchor charts on my blinds.  I just use clothespins that I covered in some cute wash tape.  It is so easy to change out the charts as needed this way.


On the two windows on the left I keep my math anchor charts.  On the two windows on the right I keep my ELA anchor charts.



You might be wondering about opening those blinds right?  I never open them because the morning sun blinds my students, we can't see the smart board with the open, and it helps keep the cold out during the winter.  (My windows are very drafty)


I hung the charts high enough that when it finally warms up I can pull the blinds up to open my windows enough to get some fresh air.  (We have screens that we have to put in if we open the windows so they are not able to open much.)


Do you like this idea?  Feel free to pin any picture to pinterest to share this Bright Idea.  :)

And now you will want to go check out Lidia over at Kinder Alphabet because she has a bright idea about dry erase boards.    Just click on the image to check it out.


Kinder Alphabet

Alternatively, you can search by topic using the link-up below and move along to any blog on the blog hop!







2 comments

  1. First of all, I am so jealous of all your windows! I have one. This is a great idea though! It looks cute and the way you have hung the charts is really ingenious!

    Tiffany
    KTeacherTiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have given around every possible fact which is even said to be quite important and these will surely prove to be much better. writing a project plan

    ReplyDelete