February Currently

I am linking up with Farley for the February Currently.


Whenever I am on the computer, I have my nice space heater on and right next to me.  It is too darn cold in our basement.

I am loving the fact that I took today off work and spent it not really doing anything.  I really needed that.  I mean we all do sometime right?  I was able to take and pick up my kiddos from school which was also awesome because I don't usually get to do that!

My daughter is curled up on my lap watching me type looking all adorable and cute as usual.  She loves to be anywhere Mommy is and I am totally happy with that!

Hopefully in April, my hubby will changing shifts at work and I really can't wait.  It will be a much needed change for our family and we could not be happier!

Ever since we have come back to school from break, I have been staying up way later than I normally do.  I have always been an early to bed, early to rise girl, but lately I am up until midnight and then getting up at 5 a.m.  I need to get my body back onto it's normal schedule.

I have three HUGE pet peeves {well I could name a couple more, but I will just stick with these 3}.  I HATE when people talk while they have food in their mouth or smack their lips and chew with their mouths open.  Anyone else feel my pain??  I also about gag anytime I see someone pick their nose.  I can handle vomit, I can handle poop and pee, but if I see a booger I will gag and possibly get sick myself.  I know you are asking yourself at this moment.....why in the world does this woman teach kindergarten if she hates boogers?  Well, my students quickly learn not to pick their nose in my class!  Hahaha!!!

Head on over to link up with Farley and tell us your currently.

15 comments

  1. Your pet peeves are right on! I have a little fellow in my class who has really bad habits when it comes to his nose. It's really gross! What's really bad, his mom is a nurse!!!! So jealous that you had a day off! Sounds like you enjoyed it!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two in my class this year. Although it is MUCH better than it was thank goodness!!!

      Delete
  2. Chewing with their mouth open is a huge one of mine!

    Enjoy the time with your daughter! Sounds absolutely precious!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the chewing! Hope you enjoyed your Friday off :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! I really did enjoy my lazy day! :)

      Delete
  4. My kids have been picking their nose and putting their fingers in their mouth like crazy! You must have enjoyed the extra time with your daughter today!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the worst! That is usually when I about get sick myself. YUCK! We did have a great day....thanks!

      Delete
  5. YAY for lazy days and no work!!! Those are the best!! And you got it...chewing with your mouth open is the worst...I hated eating lunch with my kids sometimes...worst part of my day! Newest follower here!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me


    ReplyDelete
  6. The Language Arts Morning Work Pack :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I student taught in Kindergarten, I would lost my appetite every day. We ate with the kids and I saw more food in mouths than I ever need to see. Luckily, my 4th graders are a TAD bit better about it. :)

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you make it until midnight! I am in bed at 9:30 and out by 9:35, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you make it until midnight! I'm in bed by 9:30 and out by 9:35, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in bed by 9:00 last night....I think all the late nights have finally caught up with me! :)

      Delete