Elf Yourself & Elf on the Shelf

This week we are "traveling" to different countries to learn about the different holidays, customs, and traditions celebrated throughout the world.  I love this unit and I have taught this every year I have taught.  This year I found this wonderful unit on TPT called Holidays Around the World and I am using some ideas from there!

Unfortunately though with our Holiday Program coming up on Monday and these sweet little kinders who have never been on risers before, I haven't had as much time to focus on this unit.  We have spent a lot of time practicing how to safely get on and off the risers as well as time practicing our songs.

For our program, the teachers "decorate" the gym by hanging up student art work.  Of course, I am using my Elf Yourself Craftivity.  I can't believe the response it has received not only by the staff members, but also the students.  Everyone just loves them!  I can't wait for the parents to see them too!

Here is a sneak peak at a few of them!








If you are interested in this craftivity project, please click on the image below to go to my TPT store.




Our Elf on the Shelf, Elfie, has been helping with classroom behavior.  We have computer lab towards the end of the day so during computer lab each day he leaves us a note to let us know if we will be on the naughty or nice list for that day.  If we are on the nice list, he leaves us a special treat (Hershey's kisses).  Here are some pictures of where he has been hiding!

He brought us a new book one day.  That Elfie is awfully generous!!!


Hanging on the plant hook.  The kids went bananas for this!


Oh no, Elfie got out the legos while we were gone!


Elfie likes the art center.  He stuffed himself into the cup so no one could put a clip on the cup to go to that center today.




On a side note, I have had a TON of tattling lately.  One day I told the kids that they could no longer tattle to me.  I mean we have been working on the difference between a tattle and a "tell" since the beginning of the year.  Instead, now they have to tattle to Elfie.  If they want to tattle on someone, go right ahead, but don't tell Mrs. Pauley go tell Elfie.  It has been WONDERFUL!  I love it.  Granted, we spent a lot of time talking about when it was o.k. to talk to Elfie and when it wasn't, but I am loving this.  I am thinking about getting a "tattling turtle" or something along those lines for after Christmas.

What do you do in your room for tattling?  Do you have something that works really well?  I would love to hear about it!



1 comment

  1. Love your elfie post and elfie ideas! Your pics are amazing! I would love for you to link this post at my Elf Class Ideas Linky Party 2013!!

    ReplyDelete