Thanksgiving Activities for the Classroom





Before a holiday I like to spend some time doing some "fun" centers/activities.  Thanksgiving is no different.



We did these activities on Friday as it was our last day before break.  I like to have 5 to 6 activities that my students rotate through.


Activity #1
Pilgrim and Native American hats

We are having a Thanksgiving feast so we are letting each student decide on whether they would like to be a Pilgrim or Native American.  At this center, they will be making their hats to wear at our feast.  Here is what the hats look like.  How cute are these?




Activity #2
Thanksgiving placemat

For our Thanksgiving feast, each student will also make a placemat that tells us what they are thankful for.

I had a couple helpers at this station.  (One was my son because he bought a "help another class" pass from our school store)




Activity #3
Push Pin Art

I found this great freebie on TpT.  I always have students do this activity at the carpet so they can easily push through the paper.  Click on the picture to grab it for yourself.



Activity #4
Playdough Fun!



Here are some free play dough mats.  There are also Halloween ones as well, but we are just using the tree and the turkey this Friday.

Activity #5
Thanksgiving Poem and bracelet

You can grab your copy here.

Of course at the end of the day we had a Thanksgiving feast.


Boy, did we have fun.  I love talking with my students about what it means to be thankful and what we are all thankful for.

One thing I am thankful for is all of you.  Thank you for taking time to read my blog.  As a thank you to all of you wonderful followers, my entire store will be on sale on Thanksgiving Day for 20% off.



What activities do you do with your students for Thanksgiving?  I would love to hear in the comments below!

1 comment

  1. Amazing Post! virtual thanksgiving activities are a great way for remote teams to interact and learn more about each other. Here are a few activities for virtual thanksgiving you can try with your work from home teams.

    ReplyDelete