January Currently

Happy New Year!  How did you celebrate last night or today?  We didn't do too much here.  Hubby had to work so the kids and I spent the day playing board games.  We played a 3 hour game of Monopoly!  I couldn't believe they lasted that long with the game!!

It is time to link up with Farley for the monthly currently.


Listening:  My kiddos are playing in my daughter's room.  I got out my box of old dance costumes so she is having a ball with those.  My son is playing with her in his Iron Man costume.  It is so fun listening to them play together NICELY!  {It's been rare for them to play without arguing lately so I am enjoying this while it lasts}

Loving:  My hubby called me today and said he was taking me on a date tomorrow night.  He made reservations at a nice restaurant and already booked a sitter.   He is so sweet.  I am thankful every day that he is in my life!



Thinking:  I made this really long to-do list for break.  I had this idea that I would completely clean and organize each room in my house by doing one room a day.  Have I even started this?  Well.....sort of.  Santa got my daughter a HUGE dollhouse and her room needed to be rearranged to find the best spot for it.  That's all I have done though.  I am not feeling too guilty though because I have chosen to spend time with my family instead.  We have played board games, played dress-up, watched movies, etc.

Wanting:  Who doesn't want another week of break?  Am I right or am I right?!?!

Needing:  My house is "picked up", but I really need to deep clean (as was on my to-do list).  Thinking it will all happen on Sunday right before I go back to work....haha.  I am a grade A procrastinator.  ;)

Memory:  This year was the last Christmas we will celebrate at my grandparent's house.  They have lived in their house for 50 years.  50 YEARS!  That is a LONG time.  Last month they decided that it was time to find something better suited for them.  They bought a condo and will be selling their house soon.  So many memories have been made in that house and I know it will be sad when they move, but I am so very excited for them that they will have a place that is better suited for them.  Plus, now they don't have to shovel snow, mow grass, etc.  Can I move in?!?!?!  ;)

Here are a couple pictures from Christmas day at their house:

(90% of pictures hubby's eyes look closed)


Their tree with all the presents in front of their front windows.

My grandparents or Great-pa & G.G. as my kiddos call them.

Grandma & Grandpa with all their grandkids (and spouses) and great grandkids.

We had such a wonderfully blessed Christmas.  It was amazing making memories with all of these people.  I am looking forward to celebrating next Christmas as my grandparent's FIRST Christmas in their new house.  

Have you linked up with Farley yet?  You totally should!  Click {here} to head on over to her blog!

4 comments

  1. I wish I could have another week of vacation too! Hope you have fun on your date night!

    Michelle Bingham, Miss Hey Miss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    I loved reading your Currently. Maybe you could have your husband teach mine something about surprise dates. Enjoy your last few days of vacation.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! :) I hope you enjoyed your date and have a Happy New Year Amanda!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 is Having a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pardon me for creeping at your old posts, but I completely adore the picture you snapped of their tree. That is absolutely beautiful! I so wish I would have been feeling better on Christmas to enjoy more time in that room. Happy almost weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete