May Currently and Sharing What I'm Wearing

It's a new month which means I am linking up with Farley for the May Currently.  May is probably my favorite month because it's my birthday month!!!  Woot woot!!!  I will be having something special going on for my birthday later in the month so if you don't follow my blog you might want to so you don't miss out!

On to my currently....


This is first silence I have had in awhile.  The kids are asleep, the T.V. is off, and my dogs are calm.  It is heaven on Earth.

Do you ever have moments where you just look at your kids and think "Oh my gosh...I just love you SO MUCH!"  I am having one of those days.  I mean I always love my kids, but some days I just overcome with the emotion of it all and today is one of those days.  I thank God every day for my children.  They are definitely my world.

Every summer my kids and I create a "Summer Fun List".  We write down things we want to do during the summer on the list.  We hang it on the fridge and then cross off the items as we do them.  We haven't created our list yet, but we have talked about some ideas.......swimming at the local pool, going to a new park, going to the movie Monsters University, visiting my family, etc.  I love this tradition we started a few years ago.  We get so much quality time together just working our way through our list.

I had a cold and I lost my voice.  It started on Monday, but I still could be loud enough for class.  By Tuesday, it was barely loud enough for class and then yesterday (Wed.) I could only speak in whisper.  Imagine 23 5-6 year olds all pumped up because it's Hawaiian day and we have a bunch of fun activities planned, but the teacher can only speak in whisper.  Yeah.....not good!  I am proud of how my class handled the day for the most part.  It was just frustrating because even if I was "yelling" the kids in the back of the room or carpet still had a hard time hearing me, but we survived.  Today was a little better so I am hoping by Monday we will back to normal.  I have been drinking lots of green tea with honey to help!

I am still in need of new summer clothes.  I really want new clothes.  I even have money sitting aside just for new clothes, but can't find exactly what I am looking for.  I hate that.  When I don't have the money sitting aside specifically for that, I find TONS of things I want, but when I want to spend the money on clothes I can never find anything I like.  Bummer!  Guess I have to keep looking.  ;)

My hubby and I have planned many vacations for just the two of us, but they never seem to happen.  This summer will be our 10 year wedding anniversary and I really want us to go somewhere....anywhere, but just do something to celebrate just the two of us!

While I'm linking up, I am going to also link up with Khrys and Brittany for their Share Whatcha Wear Linky:


Let me apologize in advance for my pictures.  I have a terrible full length mirror and not a great spot to take pictures.  :)

This outfit is from Express.  The shirt, pants, and shoes {which you can't really see} are all from there.  The necklace was a free gift from Lia Sophia a few years ago when I had a party.


This outfit is super old and hard to see.  The lighting is bad by mirror and I can't turn on the other light because the hubby is always sleeping and I don't want to wake him.  Anyways, this shirt if from Maurices and the pants are Kohls {Apt. 9}.  This necklace is also from Lia Sophia and I can't remember where the shoes are from because they are so old.


This shirt and pants outfit is from Express.  The boots are from Target.  This is one of my instagram pics so it's blurry on the edges on purpose.  :)  This was from last week and I was upset that it was so cold I needed to wear boots.

I love this new dress from Target, but I don't know if I will wear it to school anymore.  It was a little too short for bending down all day long to tie shoes and help kiddos at the carpet.  The cardigan is from Old Navy and the belt and boots are from Target.  I was proud of myself for pulling this look together and even got some compliments from my nieces on it which is a pretty big deal!

I know this post is getting kind of long, but I have to share a story with you from my class today.  I have a little pumpkin in my class who is either going to be retained or may possibly be going into special education.  He really struggles with things.  We do a lot of songs in my classroom and he really has a hard time with remembering the words.  Anyways, for our ABC countdown it was "I" day for ice cream.  I brought in ice cream sandwiches.  After this little guy finished his sandwich, he got up out of his chair and started singing our thank you song to me.  Coming from him it just meant so much and touched my heart.  I know it doesn't seem like a big thing, but for him and to me it was.  If we ever sing our thank you song, I am telling the class who to sing it to so the fact that he just up and did it melts my heart.

If you are interested, this is our thank you song...."thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"  On the last thank you, we point to the person we are thanking.

I am planning on coming back tomorrow night or Saturday to tell you all about my zoo unit.  I have a bazillion pictures to share with you and a freebie so come back and check them out!!

Well I am off to relax with another cup of green tea and honey.  Don't forget to link up with Khrys, Brittany, and Farley!  :)


7 comments

  1. Cute clothes:) I love your summer fun list idea! The best part of summer for me is to spend time with my two kiddos:) I hope you get that trip to celebrate your ten year anniversary!! It is important to get time alone with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO have those OMG I love you so much days! Today is not one of them. hahaha. My 14 year old and husband are at each other's throats lately. My 12 year old is fine and my 8 year old is whiny and clingy. There's lots going on though with school and after school activities.
    I couldn't imagine teaching without a voice in KDG! When I lost my voice, my 3rd graders could read what I wrote on the projector...
    Cute outfits!
    "Autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww cute clothes! I wrote that in my currently too, I need a summer wardrobe :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress from Target! Super cute with the boots!!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww that thank you story is so cute...

    I see you've got money set aside for new clothes... make sure you get a pair of chucks ;)

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a Summer Fun List! That sounds like such a great way to have adventures with your kids.

    I feel your pain about having no voice. I had terrible allergies last week and lost mine. I actually lose it all the time, but last week was really bad. It is so hard to teach when you can barely muster a whisper! I hope you get well and have your full voice back soon.

    Also, your outfits are so cute! That dress is adorable!

    That story about your little boy is so sweet. He sounds so much like my little boy who was up for special ed, but denied services and is going to be retained. It always makes my heart swell when he has a special, successful moment. Thanks for sharing that sweet story!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!!! LOVE the dress! Thanks for linking up :) :)

    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete