October Currently

Hi all!  I am linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for October currently.  So without further ado......here is my October currently.



I am in love with listening to my son read.  He has found a love of reading and I just don't think there is anything better than listening to your child read especially when he is so enthusiastic about it.

Anyone else loving the fall weather?  I love this time of year.....it's my favorite.  I also LOVE warm apple cider.  And of course this is the best time of year to enjoy it :)  I also get to teach some of my favorite units during this time of year:  apples, pumpkins, bats, and new this year spiders.

Today I was just thinking about how lucky I am.  I mean I have my problems in my life, but I am just so thankful for what I have and most importantly my family!

If you have never read "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything" by Linda D. Williams, you have to go get it and read it.  My son had me read it to him over and over and over again as a toddler.  Then I started using it in my classroom and my students fell in love with it just like my son did.  

Tomorrow I will be wrapping up my apple unit with my little kinders.  We will be culminating the week by making homemade applesauce...yum!  Just hope it doesn't take too long to peel apples in the morning ;)

2 comments

  1. I love "The Little Old Lady" and used to read it every year to my firsties. (I now teach 4th.) For some reason I can't see your Currently icon and I'm not sure if it's just my computer or what. I'm your newest follower and I see you're wearing a Cubs hat in your pic. I live and teach in a suburb of Chi Town!
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are BIG cubs and bears fans in our house! Thank you for following my blog. I think I fixed the problem with the currently icon, but not 100% sure. This is my first "currently" so still trying to work out the bugs. Thanks!

      Delete