BEST YEAR EVER

If you have followed my blog for awhile, you probably know the story that happened to me last year.  If not, in a nutshell, two days before school started I was moved to a new building.  I was rushed to get my classroom up and going and it made me feel like my entire year was off.

This year I have had an amazing summer and spent some time really working on organization in my room (as I didn't have time to do this last year).  I have vowed that this will be the BEST YEAR EVER!


On my Instagram page yesterday, I asked my followers what they planned to do to make this the best year ever.  I wanted to share with you some of the things they said:


  • Be organized
  • Consistency in classroom management
  • Stay positive
  • Work with my team
  • Relationships (with students, other teachers, blogging friends, etc.)
  • Less stress
  • Focus on the students and not on all the other "stuff" that goes with teaching
  • Create a classroom community
I really loved the list and it made me think about how I plan to make this my best year ever.  Here is what I am planning on doing:

I am going to introduce alternative seating which I am so excited about.  I am excited about school and ready to try some new things like STEAM.  I plan to keep a positive attitude all year long and keep myself organized.  I am beyond excited to use ESGI to help me save time on my assessments.  I am going to continue to collaborate with my PLC and build strong relationships with my students.  Most of all, I want to engage my students in fun, rigorous lessons.  We love to have fun in my classroom and we love to LAUGH!  Isn't laughter the best medicine?

I would love to hear how you plan to make this the best year ever.  Sound off in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment